Last Updated: 27th August, 2020
2. Collection of Information.
When registering for the Services, we may require you to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, company/organization name, address, phone number, email address, and/or social media username (these are referred to below as your “Registration Information”). Your Registration Information, together with any other information we gather through the Services that may be used to identify, contact, or locate you individually, are collectively referred to herein as your “Personal Information.”
When purchasing the Services, we will require you to provide financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number (“Billing Information”).
Data, Diagnostic & Login Information
You may be able to create, upload, publish, transmit, distribute, display, store or share information, data, text, graphics, video, messages or other materials using our Services (this is collectively referred to below as “Data”). Some of this Data may be stored and maintained on our servers. If you run into technical errors in the course of using the Services, we may request your permission to obtain a crash report along with certain logging information from your system documenting the error (“Diagnostic Information”). Such information may contain information regarding your Operating System version, hardware, browser version, and your email address, if provided. Additionally, certain login information may be maintained in a cookie stored locally on your personal computing device (i.e. not on a server) in order to streamline the login process (“Login Information”).
Usage and Analytics Information
We may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies, log files, and Web beacons. Collectively, this information is referred to as “Usage and Analytics Information.”
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Services. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your browser type, the pages and files you viewed, your operating system, your actions in connection with our Services, and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
We use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of the Services and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website or Service tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website or Service tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. We also use web beacons to operate and improve the Services and our email communications.
3. Use of Information. We use the information we collect in the following ways:
We use this information to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or request feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement, and to address issues like malicious use of the Services. We may also use Registration Information for limited marketing purposes, namely, to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services, and to send you information about us or our partners.
We use Billing Information to manage your account, to provide the Services, and to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Services. We may use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. If we do so, such a service provider will not be permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Data, Diagnostic Information and Login Information
We use this information for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. We may also use this information in a de-identified, anonymous way in conjunction with an analytics service such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and for purposes of research and data enhancement.
Usage and Analytics Information
We use this information to analyze overall trends, to help us improve the Services, to track and aggregate non-personal information, and to provide the Services. For example, we use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and visitors navigate the Websites.
Please note that if you are registering for or using the Services as an administrator on behalf of an organization, you may be able to view the activity and/or content associated with your sub-users’ use of the Services, including, but not limited to, their Personal Information.
Please note that if you are using the Services at the request or as part of an organization, your organization’s account administrator may be able to view certain activity and content associated with your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, elements of your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us provide and/or improve the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us to provide and/or improve the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our users for any other purpose. Such agents or third parties do not have any rights to use Personal Information beyond what is absolutely necessary to assist us.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
5. Non-US Users. These Services are hosted in the United States and are intended primarily for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you may be transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information through the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
6. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your password, and safeguard your user name, password and personal credentials when you are using the Services, so that other people will not have access to your Personal Information. Furthermore, you are responsible for maintaining the security of any personal computing device on which you utilize the Services.
10. Access and Accuracy. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
11. Notice to California Consumers.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with your express consent to do so.
12. Contact Us. You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of email address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, if you find any errors in our information about you, or if you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, please contact us at email@example.com.